Get the perfect partners for your practice
More and more dental practices are bringing the production of certain appliances in-house. Your lab will always play an integral role in fulfilling complex cases and turning around high volume work. But day-to-day, it’s perfectly possible for a practice to produce its own appliances. You just need the right products, the right tools, and the right partner to help make it happen.
Why bring appliance production in-house?
- Save money – your lab bills will reduce as you transition to in-house appliance production.
- Faster turnaround – producing your appliances in-house gives you control over when your patients’ appliances are made and fitted
- Upskill your team – ensure your staff are trained up on the use of he latest technology and see their motivation and job satisfaction increase
- Customer service – with your own machine, you can offer a premium service to your private patients, remaking lost or broken appliances and creating relief appliances on the spot
- Traceability – you’re in control of buying your own materials so you can be confident in their quality – you can experiment with different options, rather than being limited to the materials stocked by your lab.
- Streamlined workflow – whether you’re a digital practice or not, you’ll be able to manage the entire process in-house, casting your own impressions or printing your own models from patient files. Your cases need never leave the practice, so you’re in full control of every aspect of production.
What do you need to get started?
If you have or are planning to buy an intraoral scanner, you can take digital impressions from your patients which will then be used to fabricate the appliances using 3D printing technology.
If your practice still takes alginate impressions, you can cast them up and create your appliances using our pressure forming machines and materials.
The right tools for the job
At Eurodontic, we’ve put together a suite of products that work together perfectly, from 3D model printing through to building and finishing.
With our ‘perfect partner’ products you have all the machines, tools and materials you need to manage the production process from start to finish, with no snags or delays.
Everything you need to create long-lasting, quality appliances can be found in one place.
What’s more, you’ll benefit from support from our team of registered technicians who are on hand to offer expert advice both before and after your purchase.
- ASIGA MAX™– this compact desktop HD 3D printer combines intuitive operation with fast, precise printing results. Perfect for high volume, busy practices.
- IMPRIMO™ materials – a range of light curing resins designed for use with the ASIGA MAX™ for fabrication of high-precision models
- BIOSTAR® – This versatile pressure moulding machine is suitable for heavy use by busy labs
- MINISTAR® – offering precise results every time, the Ministar S® is ideal for light to moderate use, and has the same great features as the Biostar
- Pressure forming materials – high quality, long-lasting materials, ideal for a range of applications
- Finishing products – our range of trimmers and burs give your splints a high quality finish
You’ll find everything you need in our online shop, or alternatively, feel free to contact us for support in getting started.
A manufacturer of medical devices must register with the MHRA (Medicines and Health Regulatory Agency) and must understand and comply with (MDR) Medical Device Regulations.
The regulations stipulate that appliances must be manufactured with acceptable materials and must be signed off by a GDC-registered person.
A manufacturing organisation requires a responsible person who is two years post-qualification and is competent in the area of appliance manufacture.